Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stone of Heaven

Asian people believe that wearing jade is the good means of which people will be protected from bad luck, evil spirit and danger.Some Jade ornaments are used to symbolize wealth.But how to know if a jade bangle is real and not fake?My mom bought two Jade Bangles in her friend's Jade store.She told me that her friend gave her special discount on each of this bangle for only RM170 each.I think that's a bit expensive.I sell jewellery before and I know the rough cost of the Jade.I know she wants to buy something for me and my sister for souvenir.My grandma loves to buy Jade.I got a lovely Jade pendant from her as a wedding gift.Real jade can come in a range of colours, from a green that is almost white to a green that is almost black.I am only talking about the basic Jade.It's hardly to compare the Grade of the Jade in bare eyes.My grandma believe that if the colour of the Jade turn darker that means it's real. Since Jade is a stone, it should feel cold even on a warm day.But to be completely sure, take it to a Jewellery or gemologist for a spectrograph analysis.You know we can buy those basic Kwan yin or Dragon Jade Pendant for less than RM30 each from the supplier?It's the most basic Jade the and the carving is gorgeous.One of my friend who is Jewelry wholesale gave me a little tips on buying Jade.He said China supplies small amount of Jade nowsday because they isn't any Jade stone left and most of the great and real Jade are from Burma.

Type A or Grade A
Natural Jade without treatment.

Type B or Grade B
Natural Jade treated with polymer.

Type C or Grade C
Natural Jade treated with enhanced color

No comments: