Friday, April 25, 2008

Mom in law came back from Sabah

And for today's entry,it will be talking about food and flower.Mom-in-law came back from KK,(sabah)Borneo last night.I was very excited because my sister bought me some local food,raw prawn crackers,my favourite chicken flavour Maggie mee and of course not forget the Nescafe.During Chinese New Year or Hari Raya,you will be served with keropok udang or ikan as a treat.Prawn crackers is a traditional snack made from fresh prawn, tapioca flour and other spices.It is well known in Asia.I remember my aunt used to make the raw fish crackers and fry a lot and kept it in a large tin.Everytime she made this the house will filled with fishy aroma and of course very sting too.The prawn crackers has a unique flavor and crispness after you fry them .Nothing much to write as there's nothing much happening in the house yet!Hubby work as usual everyday and night.See!no one talk to me except the kids.He rarely stay at home and sometimes I really miss going back to Sabah.Well,we can't go back at this time because the kids already settled here and it's not easy for them to adapt Malaysia education system.Nevermind I am just rambling here.Miss A already went to school already and Miss B is watching her favourite cartoon and now I am with the computer as usual.After posting this entry I will get back into the kitchen to make lunch for the kids.I read Pearly's blog yesterday and found one interesting recipe.She share the cakoi(Fried Curlers)recipe in her post.In her recipe,it is quite easy to make and she is not using any chow fun or ammonia at all.I feel like making it today and will post it if I can make it.
In this blog I'll put some flower shots because this is the best time to snap the beautiful nature.This is one of my favourite flower.This hyacinth has a single dense spike of fragrant in different shades of colour.You don't have to put any air freshener at home if you put it indoor.Atcually this flower is plant outdoor but I don't know why everytime I plant it outside the garden the flower will die.So I decided to put it indoor and try to get more brightness through the window.Okie dokie that's it for today post.

4 comments:

janice said...

u really love flowers hor..

Pinay Jade said...

Wow that hyacinth is so beautiful!

Applepie said...

Janicepa-Yup,hehehe!

pinya jade-Thanks :)

posh_post said...

love the flowers! :-)