Monday, September 8, 2008

Remember first day of school

Summer's is over so my daughters started back to school on the 2ND of Sept 2008.I was very busy before the school open.I was busy searching for their school supplies-buy new shoes and clothing for them.This year Ashley will be in Grade 4 and Belinda will be in Kindergarten.I am happy that both the kids go to school this year because I can have my me time at home.LOL!!!

First day of school is always a big deal to some kids.I believe many kids get nervous or scare about heading back to school like me.Both my kids were very excited to go to school because their teachers never give them pressure on studies.The school in canada provide a happy, safe, supportive and challenging learning environment.I don't really like to go back to school when I was young.When I was in primary school,I always asked myself these questions.Will the teacher be nice this year?Where's my seat?Will the other teachers like me?Will the friends like me?All kinds of silly questions!You know in the old days most the teachers are very fierce and strict to their students.I am sure anyone who is in my age should know what I am trying to say here.

In my day the Government supplied all Primary schools with pencils,notebooks(where we called exercise books),uniform,white shoes and free milks.My Mom never bought any supplies for me since we moved to Sabah.My parent were very blessed because free supplies for students will never happen in the state where I was born.However,I am glad that I am didn't cry but of course very nervous.I think it`s normal that children cry for mother when they are alone.Do You Remember Your Very First Day At School?

4 comments:

Dora said...

Me too didn't cry on my 1st day to school but was feeling very boring, waited so long to go home & play! hehehe...

bluecrystaldude said...

In Sabah they supplied all those stuff? Really? wow.. That is amazing.. May be by the time I am enrolled into primary school it already stopped.

I remember mine was quite uneventful. However, my younger brother was a totally different story. My mother and grandma have to accompany him for the whole first week.LOL

Nessa said...

I remember my dad sent me to school. I was nervous but I didn't cry. But when it was time to go home, I panicked cos I couldn't find my dad. Lucky my sister (same school but different class) found me :D

I think it was in 1980 when they started to supply the free books, shoes, pencils and milk program to primary schools. I was just 9 years old then.

Nice post. Brings back memories :)

Jewelle said...

I don't have any memory of my first day at school - so most probably there was no drama. But then again, I had so many first day of schools because we moved every 3 years then so maybe biasa sudah.