Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour

All cities in canada will go dark tonight that mark earth hour.Did your counrty do the energy saving" turning the lights off" today?This is the first time I have heard of it.Everyone who participate the earth hour willl turn off the lights today at 8 pm.I guess Thailand,Phipines and other Asia country already doing this.Earth Hour just a boycott on energy consumption.Saving energy is great and all, but turning off the lights for an hour is not going to do the world any big favours.In fact,this is just only a reminder to people to be aware of energy saving at home.I think it actually help the environment having everyone turn out the lights for an hour a day.What we should be focusing on, is how to adapt ourselves to the changing environment around us, and the changing energy sources.The world is changing and there is absolutely something we can do about it.Do you shut down all of your power, or only the lights?

4 comments:

andrewjune said...

ooopsss! definitely there's nothing like there happened in msia! i wonder how can my girl girl stand without air-con even for an hour (if power shut down)? she gets cranky when she is HOT and SWEATY!

Ratu Syura said...

OMG!! We have the same layout!! This looks exactly like my other blog!! Haha.. I thought I clicked on the wrong site! LOL!

Anyways, congrats on the domain sweetie! :)

Sweetiepie said...

Andrewjune-Thanks for dropping by :)Ya,kids will sweat alot if they feel abit hot.:)

Ratu-I was a bit shocked too.When I clicked on your blog.:)

Amei79 said...

off the light for an hour can cause big lost to certain business...malaysia not in the list...so still m'sia still with brilliant light that nite.