Monday, February 23, 2009

Wash clothes by hand

Today was my bad day ever.My washing machine broke down.We did called up the technician to fix it but they only come next week.What the heck!!!To be honest,I am not very echo friendly when it comes to this stuff.It's been ages I didn't wash my clothes by hand.I remember when I was 10 years old,I used to help my mom to wash family clothes every single piece and three times a week.At that time,I hate to wash clothes by using hands,but I have no choice because my dad can't afford a washing machine.Our clothesline can accomodate two large loads at a time.I hate to wash heavy linen such bed sheets and blankets because it was too heavy to rinse it.

After married,I have maid who wash our clothes three times a week.After landed here,then I started to use a washing machine.Everything else goes in the washer and dryer after they are clean.Oh boy,I wouldn't want to live without my laundry machine now.It's really hard to get clothes clean if you wash them by hand.You have to bend your body and use lots of energy to work.Even if I washed them by my hand I probably wouldn't do it right.The machine is so much easier and such a time saver.

Now I need to soaked it in the bath tub for at least overnight so that it would be easy to wash.I felt horrible now.

10 comments:

lunaticg said...

:Hi!
That must be a heavy work. Good luck to you.

sting said...

has the washing machine guy come yet? hope it's fixed by now :-)

Sweetiepie said...

lunticg-:( what a nightmare!

sting-no,not yet.still have to wait for their call.:(

bluecrystaldude said...

My mom changed her washing machine 3 times last year. She's blaming our maid for that matter. Anyway, while in my college, I sent all my clothes to laundry. I am too lazy to wash it by my own. Hehe.. I hope your machine gets fixed already :)

Ms eNVy said...

tht's a nightmare for me girl! .. the last time I did this was when I was in Uni .. all my clothes had to be wash in my tub in the bathroom! .. don't want to go through tht again .. but then again .. never say never right ? .. hope everything is fix for you.

Irene said...

Machine fixed yet? I think if it were me, I'd just let the laundry pile up and up and up. Then I would drag myself to a laundry mat to do the laundry.

Sakshi said...

Gosh I feel like a freak...coz u know i really love washing clothes by hand even though being here I use the Laundry more often..but I still love to wash my T's and some suits by hand...If u were here would happily have given a helping hand :)

rainfield61 said...

Oh!! Such a long manja list............ but actually I washed only during college time, I have a lovely wife now. Don't mistaken me, wife is not equal to washing machine.

Nessa said...

I'm so used to having the washing machine around, I don't think I know how to wash my laundry by hand anymore! The things we take for granted ya :) But I still wash my kids school shoes by hand though... wish I could just dump the shoes in the machine... LOL!

Have a great week :) Nice header :)

Tny said...

Alaaa.. so pity..
Relax sis.. think +ve, treat it like doing home exercise and u'll feel better =)

If worst, then u'll get muscles pain!!! :p