Monday, October 13, 2008

My first Thanksgiving dinner at home

Thanksgiving day is a big holiday for Canadians.Their traditional food on Thanksgiving Day is of course turkey,cranberry dressing and pumpkin pie.

Ashley,wants to eat turkey and celebrate Thanksgiving at home this year.You know kids always thought that it would be fun to have turkey for dinner.Actually,I don't think it's a good idea to have turkey for only few people but at last we decided to buy one anyway.

Last year I had my Thanksgiving dinner in mom in law house.It was only a simple Chinese dinner.However,this year I invite my mom in law and two sis in law to be guests at our table.As I said,I like baking and experimenting with new recipes,but not in cooking.So today was rocked!I got up at 9:00 so that I could cleaned house and bummed around for a while.It was a challenging day to me.If I was going to make this Thanksgiving dinner for someone I'd have to do some planning and it takes a long day to complete the mission.

Lets talk about Thanksgiving dinner photo!
The over baked Turkey :(
I use the Italian sausage,red pepper,parsley,bread cubes and carrot for the stuffing.The turkey was good I guess.It was not very dry and salty.

Actually,I didn't prepare a lot of different kinds of foods.I'm thinking of just making a small turkey,coleslaw, gravy,sweet potato bun,stuffing,yellow rice with raisin and apple pie.

I have never made any of these things in my life so I'm nervous as all heck over here.I only have one oven and the turkey took 3 hours to cook so I can't bake the bun and apple pie on time.It screwed up my plan.oh ya!you know what I forgot to take out the coleslaw from the fridge for dinner.I only remember this after the meal LOL!!!Hubby bought some sushi for the kids in case they don't like the food.It was just a simple dinner.The atmosphere was good and I am happy that the kids were happy to enjoy the turkey.
After the meal,we ate the Apple pie as the dessert.
This sweet potato bun is awesome.These buns are supposed to serve with the meal but too bad they only can try it after the meal.
There is definitely something to be said for getting together a bunch of people for a homemade meal regardless of whatever any of you can cook.The dinner was great though.Over all, this was a happy meal.

17 comments:

** OUT OF TRACK 思 想 出 軌 ** said...

wowowowo ! looks really really really very very very very yummmmmmy!! i love the fillings u have in the chicken/turkey.... and i'd love it with lots and lots of basil!

Shemah said...

That's amazinggg!! :) All of the food looks soooo delicious and making me drool all over my lappy! LOL! For someone who has never made any of those in her life, I think it was a superb effort!

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie! :)

Dora said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Those food are all yummy, love to have a bite!

andrewjune said...

happy thanksgiving!
i thought the food looks good and the turkey does looks good as well...
didnt know you're such a good cook :-)

Sweetiepie said...

OUT OF TRACK-Thanks oh ya basil..i thought of putting it too but I am afraid the kids don't like it.:)

shemah-Thanks for the compliment..after the entire hard day I was tired like hell.:P

dora-Thank you.Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

andrewjune-Happy Thanksgiving.I am not a good cook but I did tried my very best to make a nice dinner.

Tny said...

The quality time together is the most precious thing and so the homemade meal =)

Sis, the turkey + rice.. juz look like kenny's roger :)

andrewjune said...

sweetie, due to some personal reasons, i've decided to make my blog a personal one...so pls email me your email add at malenaflower08@yahoo.com so i can add you :-)

thks!

Nessa said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope it's not too late to wish you ya.

Oh my, that roast turkey is making me hungry!

sting said...

happy thanksgiving! hey, those look great! going to put the recipes in your other blog? :-)

bokjae said...

Waah! apart from the food, I could not recognize any faces!!! haha! Hey got an Award for you!

http://jangbokjae.blogspot.com/2008/10/amazing-blog-award.html

bluecrystaldude said...

Oh my.. I am drooling! LOL.. Are you really made these on your first attempt? They all look yummy and readily to be eaten! Haha.. Love the apple pie's picture

Happy Thanksgiving! (although it was already late :)

JO-N said...

Yum, turkey! To be frank with you, I have never tasted a turkey before but it sure looks good. Happy belated thanksgiving.

Ms eNVy said...

Everything looks good dear! I love the sound of sweet potato buns .. but to my dismay I'm not good when it comes to making bread :(

Irene said...

oh boo me for not wishing earlier, but

Happy belated Thanksgiving and happy halloween!

bokjae said...

Wow! its sort of east meets west dinner!! Looks delicious! Blessed Thanksgiving to you and family! Only wish the faces are not blurred!!! Haha!

Mys Lyke Meeh said...

ur blog is soooo Yummy!--really yummy!

shopping cart said...

Hi

I think this dinner was so better. You have so enjoyed on that dinner.